Policy on Privacy of Customer Personal Information
DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS is committed to protecting the privacy and
security of your personal information obtained by reason of your
customer relationship with DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS. This policy
explains the types of customer personal information we collect, how it
is used, and the steps we take to ensure your personal information is
Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the
Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
and corresponding provincial privacy acts.
Who is DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS?
What is personal information?
Personal information is information that refers to an individual
specifically and is recorded in any form. Personal information includes
such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin, medical
records and credit records. Information about individuals contained in
the following documents is not considered personal information:
• public telephone directories, where the subscriber can refuse to be listed,
• professional and business directories available to the public,
• certain public registries and court records,
• certain other publicly available printed and electronic publications.
Our commitment to your privacy is governed by the following privacy principles:
1. We are accountable to you
SYSTEMS is responsible for all personal information under its control,
including any personal information that is transferred to third parties
for processing, storage or other purposes. We have employees in each of
our business units who are accountable for compliance with these privacy
and security principles.
2. We let you know why we collect your personal information
FINISHING SYSTEMS identifies the purpose for which your personal
information is collected. We do this before or at the time the
information is actually being collected.
3. We obtain your consent to collect, use or disclose your personal information
FINISHING SYSTEMS obtains your consent to collect, use or disclose
personal information. The method of obtaining consent is appropriate to
the type of personal information being collected, used or disclosed:
FINISHING SYSTEMS will obtain your express consent (verbal, written or
electronic agreement) to collect, use or disclose sensitive personal
information such as medical data or personal financial information.
FINISHING SYSTEMS will use implied consent to collect, use or disclose
your personal information where one or more of the following apply:
• a customer relationship already exists,
• express consent has previously been given,
• where the purpose of using the personal information is reasonably apparent to you.
You can change your consent preferences at any time by contacting
DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS. Pease refer to the How to Contact us section
4. We limit collection of your personal information
FINISHING SYSTEMS collects only the information required to provide
products and services and marketing endeavors to you. If the personal
information we require is collected for a reason other than to provide
products and services or marketing endeavors, your consent will be
obtained before or at the time the information is collected. DORMER
FINISHING SYSTEMS will collect personal information only by clear, fair
and lawful means.
Examples of why we collect personal information include:
• Communicating with you generally
• Processing your applications
• Processing and keeping track of transactions and reporting back to you
• Protecting against fraud or error
• Providing product and services requested by you
• Recommending products and services that DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS believes will be of interest and provide value to you
• To comply with legal and governmental requirements
5. We limit use, disclosure and retention of your personal information
FINISHING SYSTEMS uses and discloses your personal information only for
the purposes it was collected. DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS does not sell
or rent personal information to any organization or person for any
We do not share your personal information with third party
organizations except to offer you a product or service. If your personal
information is shared with third parties, these third parties are bound
by appropriate agreements with DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS to secure and
protect the confidentiality of your personal information.
FINISHING SYSTEMS retains your personal information only as long as it
is required for our business relationship or as required by federal and
6. We strive to keep your personal information up to date and accurate
DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS keeps your personal information up to date, accurate and relevant for its intended use.
may request access to the personal information we have on record in
order to review and amend the information, as appropriate. In
circumstances where your personal information has been provided by a
third party, we will refer you to that party (e.g. credit bureaus). To
access your personal information, refer to the How to Contact us section
7. The security of your personal information is a priority for DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS
We take steps to safeguard your personal information, regardless of the format in which it is held, including:
• physical security measures such as restricted access facilities and locked filing cabinets,
• electronic security measures for computerized personal information such as password protection, database
• encryption and personal identification numbers,
• organizational processes such as limiting access to your personal information to a selected group of individuals,
contractual obligations with third parties who need access to your
personal information requiring them to protect and secure your personal
8. We are open about our privacy and security policy
are committed to providing you with understandable and easily available
information about our policy and practices related to management of
your personal information. This policy and any related information is
available at all times on our web site, www.DORMER FINISHING
SYSTEMSpayroll.com under Privacy or on request. To contact us, refer to
the How to Contact us section below.
9. We provide access to your personal information stored by DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS
can request access to your personal information stored by DORMER
FINISHING SYSTEMS. To contact us, refer to the How to Contact us section
below. Upon receiving such a request, DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS will:
Inform you about what type of personal information we have on record or
in our control, how it is used and to whom it may have been disclosed
Provide you with access to your information so you can review and
verify the accuracy and completeness and request changes to the
• Make any necessary updates to your personal information.
10. We respond to your questions, concerns and complaints about privacy DORMER FINISHING SYSTEMS responds
in a timely manner to your questions, concerns and complaints about the
privacy of your personal information and our privacy policies and
How to Contact Us
Dormer Finishing Systems Ltd.
Unit 12, 1599 Dugald Road
Winnipeg, Manitoba R2J 0H3